at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These chocolate chip cookies are perfect with a slightly crispy edge and a chewy, gooey middle! They’re also completely gluten free and dairy free but, trust me when I say no one will care! These cookies are amazing and so satisfying while they’re still a bit healthier than the traditional cookie we all know and adore. These are made with a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour as well as some coconut oil to replace the butter that’s normally used in cookies. With all that said, please give them a try and I hope you enjoy these chocolate chip cookies as much as my family does!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are not only delicious and perfect, they are also gluten free, grain free, dairy free and soy free.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookies
These cookies are perfect little disks of heaven! I know gluten free and dairy free baking can be a challenge… Sometimes gluten and dairy free desserts can end up grainy or taste odd but, these cookies are TRULY LIFE CHANGING! The blend of gluten free and grain free flours work perfectly to create an amazingly soft texture. You won’t have to worry about any complaints from the family and I know this recipe will become a new staple in your home!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
If you’re looking for some more healthy dessert recipes, check out some of these fun desserts.
- Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Healthy Apple Pie Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Healthy Oatmeal Fudge Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients:
Eggs: I haven’t tried flax eggs in this recipe but, let me know how it went if you try them.
Coconut oil: This oil is solid at room temperature like butter is so, I use it to make these cookies dairy free. You should be able to use butter instead if you prefer, though!
Coconut sugar: This sugar has a maple-like flavor and it bakes in a similar way to brown sugar. You can substitute brown sugar in it’s place if you like.
Cane sugar: I always choose organic sugar when available but any cane sugar will work in this recipe.
Vanilla extract: A little bit of vanilla extract can go a long way in a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Almond flour: Blanched almond flour is what works in this recipe so, make sure you’re not using almond meal. I use this almond flour from Costco.
Coconut flour: This grain-free flour absorbs a lot more liquid that other flours. For that reason, you need to be precise when measuring and a little goes a long way!
Tapioca starch: This ingredient will add just a little extra structure because we are using gluten-free flours.
Baking soda: This is the leavening agent we’re using in these cookies
Sea salt: A touch of sea salt brings out the other sweet flavors in a cookie.
Chocolate chips: Chocolate chips are very important in chocolate chip cookies! Use whatever kind you enjoy or a mixture of multiple kinds. Of course, be aware you’ll need to use dairy-free chocolate chips if you want this recipe to be free from dairy.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Instructions:
- Add eggs, cane sugar, coconut sugar and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to beat these ingredients until smooth. After mixing, add in vanilla extract and beat again.
- I just add the dry ingredients into the same mixing bowl so, there isn’t a need for more than one bowl here. Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and use a spoon to stir these until almost fully incorporated.
- Add your chocolate chips and use your spoon to gently fold these into the mixture. Now, you are going to cover the mixing bowl and place the dough in the fridge to rest for at least 3 hours (you can make the dough the night before you want to bake them).
- Before baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a couple baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper. Scoop balls of dough and divide into 12 cookies (6 on each sheet because they spread out a bit). Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown and allow them to cool before enjoying.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
Keyword: Chocolate chip cookies
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
Yield: 12 cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (I like to get organic when available)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour (blanched almond flour, not almond meal)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used a mixture of semi sweet and dark chocolate)
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar and cane sugar until very smooth. Add in vanilla extract and beat again to incorporate well.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and sea salt to your mixing bowl and stir using a spoon until almost fully mixed. Now, add your chocolate chips and finish stirring until the dough is fully mixed.
- Cover bowl and place the cookie dough in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight. (This step will help your cookies set and the flours to absorb the moisture they need)
- When you’re ready to bake your cookies preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 12 similar size balls and place evenly across baking sheets. These cookies do grow so make sure to give space in between each dough ball. Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes or until the edges turn a light golden color.
- Enjoy an ultra gooey hot cookie or allow them to cool for perfectly chewy solid cookie.
Want More Gluten Free Cookies Recipes?
If you’d like to see even more gluten free cookies recipes, feel free to check out some of these ones!
- Vegan Gluten Free Cookies Stuffed with Homemade Nutella.
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free + Vegan).
Thank You For Visiting My Blog
This post is a delicious recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies which are completely gluten free and dairy free as well. If you make this chocolate chip cookie recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know how you like them! I’d love to hear from you and any future recipe ideas you have too! Thanks for visiting my blog today and all the support you give. Have an incredible day!