at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This is the best, Easy Candied Nuts Recipe! It’s simple to prepare and free of any refined sugar. I made this recipe a little larger because these candied nuts are ADDICTING and they won’t last long in your house. My family loves to snack on these nuts, have them as a sweet dessert, or use them as a topping on ice cream, baked treats, salads, baked sweet potatoes and grain bowls. The possibilities with these nuts are endless and I know you’ll want to make this recipe again and again.
This easy candied nuts recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also completely vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free.
Want More Healthy Snack/Dessert Recipes?
If you are interested in even more snack and dessert recipes, check out my Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix (Vegan + Grain-Free). As well as my recipe for The Best Granola Cluster (Vegan + Gluten-Free) and finally my Healthy Date Candy Bars (Vegan + Paleo).
Candied Nuts Ingredients and Adaptations:
Nuts: I used the broad term of nuts because you can really use whatever nuts you like and even mix multiple kinds together! I used a mixture of almonds and pecans but some other options could be: cashews, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
Maple Syrup: I used this as my liquid sweetener to keep this vegan and the maple flavor is really delicious in this recipe. You can substitute any unrefined sticky liquid sweetener that you prefer in this recipe. Some ideas include: raw honey, date syrup and agave.
Coconut Sugar: This is another unrefined sugar that has a delicious maple flavor to it, that tastes similar to brown sugar. I love the extra texture this ingredient adds to the recipe and it pairs so well with the maple syrup. If you want, you can replace the coconut sugar another sugar such as organic brown sugar, date sugar. You can also leave it out completely and the nuts will still turn out delicious.
Cinnamon: I added a little cinnamon to this recipe but you can change this up however you like and really make this your own. Try adding some nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, ginger or pumpkin pie spice to this recipe instead of the cinnamon or in addition to it.
Sea Salt: I like to add a little bit of salt to enhance the flavors but you can leave it out, if you prefer.
Candied Nuts Easy Recipe Instructions:
- Gather your ingredients including 2 1/2 cups of nuts (you can use any kind and even mix them), 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Place nuts in a bowl, add maple syrup and thoroughly mix to coat them all well. Then add coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt to the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients to cover each nut with the sugar coating.
- Transfer nuts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (I always choose unbleached parchment paper). Roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes then give them a turn and roast for another 8 minutes.
- When they’ve finished roasting, remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 20-30 minutes in order to let the sugar coating harden.
Easy Candied Walnuts Recipe (Vegan + Paleo)
- 2 1/2 cups nuts (I used a mixture of pecans and almonds)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set aside for later.
- Place your nuts in a mixing bowl along with maple syrup and stir to evenly distribute.
- Then, add coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt and mix to coat the nuts evenly with sugar mixture.
- Transfer nuts to lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, turning once throughout cooking time.
- After roasting, remove tray from oven. Allow nuts to cool for 20 minutes in order to harden the sugar coating.
- Enjoy these candied nuts as a snack, treat or as a topper on bowls and salads.
Want More Healthy Snack/Dessert Recipes?
This post if a recipe for Easy Candied Nuts that are vegan and paleo. If you enjoy this recipe, check out more of my easy and healthy recipes.
Try out my Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix (Vegan + Grain-Free). As well as my Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Vegan + Paleo). And finally, my recipe for Healthy Date Candy Bars (Vegan + Paleo).
Leave a comment below if you make this!