at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This grilled chicken strawberry salad tastes so fresh and summery! I made an easy honey lime chicken marinade as well as a deliciously sweet honey lime salad dressing. If you love cantaloupe like my family does, believe me when I say it’s perfect in this salad. This recipe is also paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
If you want another great summer grilling recipe, check out my Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers.
Chicken Breast is easy to replace with chicken thighs, wings, or legs or another protein like shrimp, or white fish. For a vegetarian option, remove meat and add cooked quinoa or boiled eggs to each salad.
Cantaloupe can be substituted with watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
Honey can be replaced with any unrefined sweetener of your choice such as coconut sugar.
Instead of Lime, try lemon in the marinade and dressing.
Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 1-1.5 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 10 ounces any leafy greens (I used arugula but spinach, lettuce or spring mix work)
- 2 cups strawberries (halved)
- 1 cup cantaloupe (cubed)
- 1 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted almonds (leave whole or roughly chop)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Slice your chicken breast into portion sizes, then transfer to a bowl or container with a lid. Mix up the marinade ingredients, then add to your chicken. Use a fork to turn each piece of chicken so they’re each well coated in marinade, then seal with lid and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) before grilling.
- Grill chicken until each peace in fully cooked. You can tell it’s done when you cut into the thickest part of each piece and there is no bright pink color and the juices run clear. Thicker pieces will take longer to fully cook.
- To a large serving bowl, combine salad ingredients and mix to combine.
- To a separate bowl or Blender Bottle, add dressing ingredients and stir or mix to combine. You can toss the salad with the dressing or put the dressing in a separate bottle (I like to use a Blender Bottle) and let each person add their own dressing.
- Serve grilled chicken with strawberry salad and dressing.