This apple cinnamon bread is beyond tasty with the perfect cinnamon swirl layer and topping. The bread turns out so moist and fluffy with the best, light texture because of the almond flour. The cinnamon and sugar mixture bakes into an amazingly crunchy layer across the top of the bread and through the middle which you’ll obsess over! This apple bread uses apple sauce for a light apple flavor all while keeping it super moist and soft. This dessert bread is truly a dream and I hope you enjoy it and make it again and again!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
This dessert is not only perfectly moist and delicious, it’s also paleo, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Want More Healthy Dessert Breads?
I know that one can never have too many dessert bread recipes in their life. I have quite a few dessert breads posted here on the blog but, here some of them if you want to take a quick look!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Apple Cinnamon Bread Ingredients:
Almond flour: You’ll need to use blanched almond flour for this dessert and NOT almond meal. Almond meal is different and will change the texture of the bread.
Coconut sugar: This unrefined sugar has a really amazing maple flavor that you will absolutely love! This will be added to the dry ingredients in the bread and will also be included in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Tapioca starch: Just a little bit of this starch will help to bind the bread as well as create the perfect fluffy texture.
Baking powder and baking soda: These ingredients will act as the leavening agents in this bread recipe. You can use a homemade paleo baking powder in order to keep this recipe paleo, if you like.
Sea salt: Just a little bit of sea salt will help to bring out the other flavors in this recipe.
Eggs: This are used to bind the other ingredients in this recipe. I haven’t tried an egg replacement for this one but please, let me know how it goes if you try one.
Apple sauce (unsweetened): This will create the apple flavor for the bread but a very light flavor. I always prefer unsweetened with no other added ingredients.
Coconut oil: This oil has a slightly sweet flavor that I love in desserts. Since it’s used in this recipe melted, you can substitute avocado oil or another neutral oil you prefer.
Cinnamon: This spice is really the star of the show even though it’s only used in the cinnamon swirl layer and the topping. It works with the sugar to create a crunchy sugar layer that works amazingly well with the apple flavors in the bread.
Bread Recipe Tips:
When measuring your dry ingredients, make sure to measure correctly. This means loosely spooning the flour into the measuring cup and leveling it off with the flat edge of a knife. All of the dry ingredients will need to be leveled off evenly.
The bread batter can be made in one bowl for this recipe. I just stir up all the dry ingredients because almond flour can have clumps in it sometimes. After that, you’ll add your wet ingredients straight into that same mixing bowl.
When using melted coconut oil in a baking recipe, you’ll want to let it melt and then cool off to room temperature before adding. If you add hot coconut oil to other ingredients that are cold, it can solidify some of the coconut oil and make it clumpy in your batter.
Follow the instructions in the recipe for how to create the cinnamon swirl layer in the bread. As the bread rises it will push the layer up towards the top of the loaf. So add less than half of the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle half the cinnamon and sugar mixture across the top in an even layer. After this, add the rest of the batter and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture across the top and bake.
I love to use unbleached parchment paper to line my loaf pan for easy clean up. But, if you want, you can also just grease with some coconut oil and that will also work.
Apple Cinnamon Bread Recipe (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
Keyword: Apple cinnamon bread
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
Yield: One loaf
- 2 cups almond flour (NOT almond meal)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
Cinnamon and Sugar Swirl and Topping
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large loaf pan with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Stir these ingredients very well in order to break up any clumps.
- Now, to that same mixing bowl add in eggs, apple sauce, coconut oil and mix until just combined.
- In a separate, small bowl stir cinnamon and coconut sugar together.
- To create your layered cinnamon bread, add a little less than half of your batter to the loaf pan. Then sprinkle half of your cinnamon and sugar mixture across the top in an even layer. Finish by adding the rest of the bread batter to the pan followed by the rest of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until cooked through. You can test this by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf and when it comes out clean then, it’s done.
- Allow your loaf to cool a bit before slicing.
More Gluten Free & Dairy Free Recipes
If you’re looking for even more gluten free and dairy free dessert recipes, I have so many you can find on this website. Here are only a few of the great ones so, feel free to check them out!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies (Grain Free + Dairy Free).
- Super Fudgy Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Thank You for Visiting my Blog
This post is a recipe for apple cinnamon bread for a healthy and satisfying dessert. If you enjoy this post, please consider taking a look at my other recipes. I’d also love to hear from you if you make this apple cinnamon bread so, leave a comment below letting everyone know how it went! Thanks for visiting my blog today and have a really great day!