at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These Healthy Baked Crispy Potatoes are the perfect side dish for basically any meal! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack during the day. These are also a good idea for meal prep as it’s simple to make a large batch and warm them up in the oven for when you want them. The possibilities with potatoes are truly endless and I seem to never get tired of potatoes when they are so filling, satisfying and there are many ways to enjoy them. My favorite way to eat potatoes BY FAR is baked crispy bites so, here’s my recipe for some of my favorite potatoes EVER. I hope you enjoy this easy and healthy recipe!
Baked Crispy Potatoes
These crispy potato bites are vegan, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, paleo, nut free and refined sugar free.
Want More Healthy Recipes?
If you’d like more healthy recipe options, feel free to check out my Grain Free Breakfast Tacos (Gluten Free + Dairy Free). Along with my Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Gluten Free + Vegan) and my Easy Sheet Pan Bake Dinner (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
How Do You Like To Enjoy Crispy Potatoes?
I love to enjoy potatoes with just about every meal you can think of. Some of my favorites are breakfast meals and these crispy baked potatoes go wonderfully with almost every breakfast food I eat regularly! Some ideas are to add these on the side of omelets, scrambled eggs, cooked veggies, muffins, toast, fresh fruit, smoothies and the list goes on. I like to eat these crispy potatoes dipped in guacamole or organic ketchup (here’s a great unsweetened one) with a side of eggs and fresh fruit. Let me know how you like to enjoy crispy potatoes or any ideas you may have!
Gold potatoes: I used gold potatoes because they’re one of my favorites. You can substitute russet potatoes or red potatoes if you’d like and they will still work fantastic. I prefer to leave the skins on my potatoes for the extra nutrition but you can definitely peel them too.
Avocado oil: This is the oil that I used to help crisp the potatoes. You can substitute extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil if you want.
Tapioca starch: Adding some starch gives a really great texture to the potatoes. Of course, you can try substituting arrowroot starch or organic corn starch although I haven’t tried these options with this recipe.
Sea salt: This is a must for any good potato recipe! Feel free to add more or less depending on your preference.
Onion Powder: This spice is a wonderful addition to bring some simple flavor. You can leave it out or swap for something else you prefer.
Oregano: This dried herb is another simple favor that tastes great in this recipe. Again, you can leave this out or substitute another dried or fresh herb that you prefer.
Garlic powder: Another spice to bring some yummy flavor to your potatoes. You’re welcome to use another spice instead or leave it out completely.
Paprika: I like to add paprika for a touch of flavor and the beautiful red color it has. You don’t have to use this if you don’t want or feel free to replace with another spice you like.
Cilantro leaves: I love to add some freshly chopped herbs for the color and the visual aspect mostly. You can use another fresh herb like parsley, oregano or leave this optional ingredient out.
Crispy Potatoes Instructions:
- Wash and chop your potatoes into 1 inch pieces then, transfer to a pot and fill with water to completely cover potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until you can pierce easily with a fork (this usually takes around 25-30 minutes).
- Now, drain the water off of your potatoes and transfer to to a large mixing bowl or keep in the same pot to use less dishes;). Cover potatoes with a lid and gently shake to break them up a bit. Doing this will create some extra crispy edges that you’ll love.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes and stir gently to coat each piece. After stirring, add tapioca starch, sea salt, onion powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika and stir to coat potatoes evenly.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes turning once throughout baking time. After baking sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro leaves and enjoy!
Healthy Baked Crispy Potatoes (Gluten Free + Vegan)
Keyword: crispy potatoes
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
- 10 gold potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- roughly chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Wash your potatoes and chop into similar size 1 inch pieces.
- Transfer chopped potatoes into a large pot and fill with water so the potatoes are completely covered. Place pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Allow water to boil until potatoes are soft and you can pierce easily with a fork (takes about 30 minutes). After your potatoes are soft, drain off water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place boiled potatoes in a large mixing bowl, or just keep in the pot to save dishes! Cover with a lid and shake potatoes to break them up and create imperfections (this will create more crispy edges after baking).
- Drizzle with oil and mix to evenly coat then add tapioca starch, sea salt, onion powder, oregano, garlic powder and paprika. Stir to coat potatoes evenly.
- Line one or two large baking sheets (so you have enough room for your potatoes and extra space) with unbleached parchment paper. Transfer potatoes to lined baking sheet and spread evenly so there is some room in between each potato so they can get crispy.
- Place potatoes in your preheated oven and roast for 40 minutes turning once throughout baking time.
- Remove from oven and optionally sprinkle with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve with homemade fry sauce, guacamole or organic ketchup.
Want More Healthy Recipes?
If you’re interested in more healthy recipes, feel free to check out my Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice (Gluten Free + Dairy Free). Along with my Veggie “Sushi” Rolls with Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce. My Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Candied Pumpkin Seeds and my Vegan Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Thank You For Visiting!
This post was a recipe for Healthy Baked Crispy Potatoes which are gluten free and vegan. I really hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you make these crispy potatoes please, leave a comment below letting me know how you like them! I’d also love to hear any suggestions for future recipes if you have them. Thank you for visiting my blog today, your support means so much!