at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This healthy carrot cake bread loaf is so easy to make and so delicious! This moist bread is an almond flour banana bread with added carrots, walnuts and raisins for that classic carrot cake flavor. This loaf turns out so moist and perfect with the perfect sweetness level that is completely customizable to your preference. If you love carrot cake, banana bread or healthier dessert options, then you’ll love this easy and healthy dessert recipe. I hope you try it out!
Carrot Cake Bread
This carrot cake bread recipe is paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free.
Interested in More Gluten Free Recipes?
If you would like more similar gluten free sweet bread recipes, check out my Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread (Paleo + Gluten Free). As well as my Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Paleo + Gluten Free). And finally, my Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free + Vegan) have an amazing taste and texture similar to banana bread.
Carrot Cake Bread Instructions:
- First, you need to to preheat your oven and line a large loaf pan (I got mine from Magnolia) with unbleached parchment paper or you can also grease with coconut oil. Second you are going to combine dry ingredients (the coconut sugar is included with the dry ingredients in this recipe) in a mixing bowl and in a separate mixing bowl combine the eggs, mashed banana, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Now you will transfer the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until almost fully mixed and then gently fold in your grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins. Continue stirring until fully incorporated but be mindful to not overmix the batter!
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Add chopped walnuts and coconut flakes to the top of the bread in an even layer before placing it in the oven. Then bake for 40-45 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out of the center clean. After baking, let the loaf cool completely before slicing.
Carrot Cake Bread Ingredients:
Blanched almond flour: This high protein flour is grain-free and gluten-free. Make sure to use blanched almond flour and not almond meal as that will change the texture.
Coconut sugar: Coconut sugar is the unrefined sweetener in this recipe. You can also substitute organic cane sugar if you prefer.
Baking powder: This is the rising agent in the recipe. Make sure to use a paleo baking powder in order to keep this recipe paleo.
Cinnamon: This spice is commonly used in carrot cake and it brings that classic flavor in our bread.
Sea salt: I love adding a bit of salt to bring out the other flavors, you can leave it out of course.
Eggs; These are used as a binder in this recipe. I haven’t tried flax eggs, but they should work similarly for a vegan option.
Mashed banana: This adds sweetness and moistens our bread.
Coconut oil: Make sure to melt and let it cool to room temperature. You can also use avocado oil in it’s place.
Vanilla extract: Crucial for any good banana bread recipe.
Grated carrots: This is needed to bring some moisture and of course you need carrots in carrot cake!
Walnuts: Chopped walnuts are commonly added to carrot cake for a great texture and flavor. I like to add them inside the bread as well as on top.
Raisins: This ingredient is completely optional. Just leave them out if you don’t want them.
Coconut flakes: This ingredient is for sprinkling across the top of our bread before baking. While the bread is in the oven, the coconut will toast slightly and bring a nice flavor.
Healthy Carrot Cake Bread Loaf (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
Keyword: Carrot Cake Bread
Yield: One loaf
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup coconut sugar (use more or less depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (use paleo if needed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup carrots (grated)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped) + more for topping
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper or grease and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. In a separate large mixing bowl add eggs, mashed banana, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Then, stir to combine.
- Transfer dry ingredients to the bowl with mixed wet ingredients and gently stir until almost fully incorporated. Now you are going to gently fold in your grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins until well dispersed in batter.
- Add to your lined loaf pan and top with more chopped walnuts and coconut flakes to your desire. Now, place loaf in your preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out of the middle clean.
- When finished baking, let your loaf cool fully before slicing.
- Store loosely covered and enjoy within a few days. Almond flour baked goods store much better loosely covered.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
If you’re interested in more healthy dessert recipes, feel free to check out my Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (Gluten Free + Vegan). As well as my Super Fudgy Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free + Flourless) and my Vegan & Gluten Free Cookies Stuffed with Homemade Nutella.
Thank You for Visiting
This post is a recipe for a healthy carrot cake bread loaf which is gluten free and dairy free. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and any other posts on my site. If you make this carrot cake bread please, feel free to leave a comment letting me know how you like it as well as any other recipe questions you may have. Thank you for visiting my blog!