These healthy fish tacos with mango salsa taste deliciously fresh with the perfect amount of sweet and salty. This dinner recipe is super easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes! It’s perfect for those nights you want something nourishing but don’t want to be in the kitchen for a long time. The fish is baked with just four simple spices and the mango salsa can be thrown together pretty quickly with just a few minutes of chopping. Of, course you can keep it simple or add any additional toppings you love. This healthy dinner recipe is super easy and beautiful so, I hope you enjoy it!
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Not only are these fish tacos beautiful to look at and incredibly tasty, but they’re also gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free. You can use any tortillas or taco shells you prefer because these are great on everything! I personally like to serve these fish tacos on grain free almond flour tortillas or cassava flour tortillas in order to keep this recipe paleo.
Want More Healthy Dinner Options?
I love to switch things up for dinner and I’m sure you do too! If you want some more healthy dinners to add into your recipe rotation, feel free to check out any of these great ones!
- Healthy Fish Tacos with Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce (Gluten Free).
- Healthy Fried Rice Recipe with Shrimp (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Easy Vegetable Thai Curry Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free).
- Chicken and Rice Tortilla Soup (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Ingredients:
Cod: This white, mild fish is perfect for these tacos. You can also substitute another fish like halibut, salmon or shrimp although I’ve never tried these options with this recipe.
Garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika: These spices are used for the seasoning on our fish. Of course, feel free to switch things or leave some spices out to make it exactly how you like!
Sea salt: This is a must for the fish and adding a pinch to the salsa is great to bring out the flavors. But, feel free to adjust the amount if you want.
Mango: The star for our fresh salsa in this recipe. You can use a fresh mango and cut it or use frozen mango chunks and let them defrost before slicing.
Red bell pepper: I love the color of the red bell pepper with this salsa but you can use any color you prefer.
Red onion: Again, I like the color but you can use a white or yellow onion instead if you like.
Cilantro: This ingredient can really be adjusted to your specific taste. So, use more or less according to your preference.
Lime juice: Adding a bit of acid to this sweet and savory dish is so delicious. Feel free to add more if you like or leave this out altogether.
Serve on your tortillas of choice. I use these grain-free almond flour ones to keep this recipe paleo.
Fish Tacos Recipe Instructions:
- First, take your fully defrosted cod portions and pat them dry with a paper towel then, place fish in a baking dish.
- Combine spices (Sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika) in a small bowl. Add the spices to your fish on all sides and rub in.
- Place fish in a preheated oven and bake until fully cooked.
- Add all the chopped ingredients for the mango salsa to a bowl, then stir to mix flavors together.
- Assemble tacos with your tortillas of choice then small amounts of fish on each tortilla, followed by a generous topping of mango salsa. You can also add additional toppings if you’d like.
Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
Keyword: fish tacos with mango salsa
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
- 2 portions Cod
- 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika and sea salt
- 1 cup mango (diced)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- a large handful fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- juice of half a lime
- a pinch sea salt
- Allow cod to defrost completely if frozen.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel and place in a baking dish. Combine garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and sea salt in a small bowl and rub all the seasoning mixture into your fish on all sides.
- Place fish in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through. (While your fish is baking is a great time to prepare your mango salsa).
- Peel and dice your mango cutting around the pit and add it to a bowl along with your bell pepper, red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Use a spoon to gently stir in order to combine ingredients.
- Cut up cooked fish and divide between small taco shells* or place in a large tortilla*. Serve with a large topping of mango salsa and any other toppings you enjoy like avocado and fresh lime.
* To keep this recipe grain free and gluten free, make sure to use a tortilla that fits your needs. I like to serve these fish tacos on almond flour tortillas that are gluten free and grain free. These tacos are delicious on any kind of tortilla though, so feel free to use a flour tortilla if you don’t have a gluten sensitivity.
Easy and Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you’d like to see even more healthy and easy dinner recipes, feel free to check out any of these!
- Healthy Chicken and Veggies Over Rice.
- Healthy Stir Fry Orange Chicken (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Butternut Squash Sheet Pan Bake (Paleo + Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Thank You For Visiting Today!
This post is a recipe for healthy fish tacos topped with a fresh mango salsa. If you enjoyed this post, please consider checking out my other recipes! If you have any suggestions for future recipes or if you make these fish tacos, please leave a comment below! I’d love to hear from you and thank you so much for visiting/supporting my blog. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the fish tacos!