at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This healthy fried rice recipe with shrimp is seriously just as delicious as the restaurant version but, made with healthier ingredients! Packed with lots of delicious flavor, this healthy dinner is sure to impress anyone and everyone. It has some great textures and a salty (with a touch of sweet) flavor that isn’t too overpowering. My entire family love this recipe and we make it on repeat weekly, so I hope it can become a staple in your home too!
Healthy Fried Rice
This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
Want More Healthy Recipes?
If you’re interested in more healthy recipes, check out my Easy Thai Curry Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free). As well as my Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe (Gluten Free + Dairy Free) and my Healthy Stir Fry Orange Chicken (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice
This fried rice is sure to remind you of the fried rice you get from your favorite Asian restaurant but, it’s so easy to make at home! I love to remake my favorite restaurant dishes with some healthier oils and sea salt. I sometimes find that eating at restaurants that may use MSG, make me feel like I’m dying of thirst and cannot get enough water after! Haha hopefully I’m not the only one that deals with that but… This fried rice is seriously so delicious and I leave the table feeling good instead.
Fried Rice Ingredients:
Eggs: Scrambled eggs go so well with the fried rice but, of course, you can leave them out if you prefer.
Oil: I used coconut oil for all the oil in this recipe. You can also substitute avocado oil, butter or ghee in it’s place.
Yellow onion: The onion brings so much flavor, especially after cooking.
Carrots: Adds some colorful veggies and a great texture to this dish.
Green onion: More colorful veggies that add to our flavor and the textures in this fried rice.
Garlic cloves: Brings so much flavor to this fried rice, but you can add more or less depending on your preference,
Cooked white jasmine rice: You can definitely try other kinds of rice but I haven’t tested them out with this recipe.
Coconut aminos: This ingredient tastes very similar to soy sauce. You can substitute an organic soy sauce if you prefer but get gluten-free if needed!
Honey: An unrefined sweetener that brings a bit more depth to the salty flavor with a little touch of sweetness.
Sea Salt: You can use more or less depending on your preference.
Shrimp: This is the protein I chose but, you can substitute tofu or Tempe for a vegetarian option.
Easy Recipe Instructions:
- First, place a large fry pan on medium heat (this is the pan I use). Second, crack all your eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine well. To your heated fry pan add oil, eggs, sea salt and allow these to cook through stirring frequently. When your eggs are full cooked, remove from pan and set aside while you prepare your rice.
- To the same large fry pan on medium heat, add coconut oil, yellow onion, carrot, green onion and garlic. Cook your veggies, stirring frequently, until carrot is soft to your preference and onion has become translucent.
- When veggies are cooked, add cooked white rice and fry, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add in your scrambled eggs, coconut aminos, honey, sea salt and then remove pan from heat.
Healthy Fried Rice Recipe with Shrimp (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
Keyword: Healthy fried rice
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
- 1 teaspoon oil (coconut or avocado)
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 a yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1/2 cup green onion with chives (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 4 cups cooked white jasmine rice (a day old works great)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or sub organic & gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil (coconut or avocado)
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1 pound shrimp (thawed completely)
- Sea salt to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- Start by scrambling yours eggs for the fried rice. To a small bowl, crack your eggs and use a whisk to combine the yolks with the whites. To a large fry pan on medium heat add your oil, eggs and sea salt. Use a turner to stir eggs frequently until fully cooked, then remove from pan and set aside.
- To your fry pan on medium heat add coconut oil, diced yellow onion, diced carrot, sliced green onion and minced garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot has softened to your liking and onion is translucent. When carrot is soft, add cooked white rice to the pan and fry, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Finally, add in your scrambled eggs, coconut aminos, honey and sea salt. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Place a smaller frypan on medium high heat. When hot add your oil, minced garlic, shrimp and sea salt. Fry shrimp turning occasionally until cooked completely through. The color should turn from a gray to bright pink during this process. After your shrimp is cooked remove from heat and either add to your pan of fried rice or keep it on the side if you prefer.
- Serve fried rice with shrimp and store any leftovers in the fridge to be enjoyed for up to 3-4 days.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
If you’d like to see more healthy dinner recipes, feel free to check out my Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers (Gluten Free + Dairy Free). In addition to my Dairy Free Butter Chicken Curry Recipe, and my Healthy Stir Fry Orange Chicken (Gluten Free + Dairy Free). And finally, my Easy Thai Curry Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free).
Thank You For Visiting
This post is a recipe for Healthy Fried Rice with Shrimp which is gluten-free and dairy-free. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider checking out my other posts. I would love to hear how you like the fried rice if you make it so, leave a comment below telling me how it went. I hope you have an amazing day and thank you for visiting my blog today!