at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This healthy oatmeal bake is perfect to make ahead of time in order to have breakfast ready throughout the week! Think of the perfect blend between oatmeal and banana bread and that’s the dream this baked oatmeal is! Perfectly sweet from mashed banana with a little maple syrup or honey and lightly falvored with cinnamon and vanilla. This breakfast makes nine servings so, it’s great for the whole family to enjoy or meal prep this dish and store in the fridge for breakfast whenever you need throughout the week!
Some people like to enjoy this baked oatmeal as is. I personally love to put it in a bowl with coconut milk or yogurt and enjoy like you would a bowl of oatmeal! However you prefer your baked oatmeal, I’m sure you’ll love this flavorful, yet simple and healthy version! Enjoy!
This oatmeal bake is not only delicious and healthy, it’s also gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, nut free, soy free and refined sugar free.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
One can never have too many breakfast recipes in their rotation. Here some of my favorite ones for you to check out!
- Healthy Egg Casserole with Hashbrowns (Gluten Free).
- Healthy Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free).
- Chocolate Granola Clusters (Gluten Free + Vegan).
- Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free + Vegan).
Is Oatmeal Bake Healthy?
This depends on your defintion of healthy. This recipe for baked oatmeal is full of nourishing ingredients like oats, bananas, eggs, blueberries and cinnamon. It’s also sweetened naturally and contains no refined sugar. I like to enjoy this with a side of eggs, yogurt or breakfast sausage for a little more protien.
Is Baked Oatmeal Gluten Free?
If you use gluten free rolled oats for this recipe, this baked oatmeal recipe is completely gluten free.
What Can I Substitute for Blueberries?
If you don’t want to use blueberries in this baked oatmeal, you can substitiute any other berry you prefer or just leave them out.
Oatmeal Bake Ingredients:
Rolled oats: I choose organic and gluten free rolled oats for this recipe. I would not recommend using quick oats for this recipe.
Cinnamon: This simple spice adds a lot of flavor and contains antioxidants.
Baking powder: Rising agent for the baked oatmeal. I always prefer to use alumium free baking powder.
Baking soda: Works along with the baking powder to help the recipe rise.
Sea salt: Adds flavor and minerals.
Eggs: A binder that helps this recipe to cook through. I have not tried an egg substition for this recipe.
Banana: We use mashed banana inside the oatmeal and some sliced on top. The mashed banana brings a lot of sweetness and moisture to the baked oatmeal.
Coconut milk: This adds some healthy fat. I love to use a little bit of full fat coconut milk and dilute it with water. You can also use coconut milk from a carton.
Maple syrup: An unrefined sweetener that brings a delicious, earthy flavor to this recipe. You’re welcome to substititue honey in its place.
Vanilla extract: A little bit goes a very long way and adds a depth of flavor to this dish.
Blueberries: You can use fresh blueberries or frozen in this recipe. Frozen blueberries can turn your oatmeal a purple or grey color so that’s why I recommend adding them in layers without stirring.
This easy breakfast is made using only one mixing bowl and one baking dish! Here are the steps to make this oatmeal bake!
Easy One Bowl Recipe:
- Preheat your oven and grease your baking dish with coconut oil or your choice of fat.
- In your mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add in your eggs, mashed banana, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until everything has been encorporated well.
- Transfer about half of the oatmeal mixture to your baking dish and use your hands to drop about half of your blueberries across the top of this mixture. (We do this step because if you’re using frozen blueberries, then stirring them into the mixtre will turn it a greyish color.)
- Follow by adding the rest of your oatmeal mixture across the top and then add the rest of the blueberries on top and sliced banana.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Allow 10-15 minutes to cool before slicing.
- Serve warm or cool and refridgerate any leftovers for up to 4 days.
Equipment to Use
For healthy cooking I love to use cookware and kitchen equipment made from materials like glass and stainless steel. I’ll link some good options below that you can use for this recipe!
- I love glass mixing bowls and here are some that would be perfect for so many things when cooking!
- If you’re interested in some stainless steel mixing bowls, this is a great set with a few different sizes for all your different recipes.
- Here’s a simple glass baking dish that is the perfect size for this recipe.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bake Breakfast Recipe:
Healthy Oatmeal Bake Breakfast
- 2 ¼ cups rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana (mashed)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or use any milk you like)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ banana (sliced for topping)(optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt.
- To that same mixing bowl, add eggs, mashed banana, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer about half of the oatmeal mixture to your greased baking pan and sprinkle half your blueberries across the top. Then add the rest of your oatmeal mixture and sprinkle the rest of the blueberries and add banana slices for topping.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges turn lightly golden in color.
- After baking, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.
More Gluten Free Recipes
If you’d like to see even more gluten free recipes, here are just a few you might want to check out!
- Healthy Blueberry Crisp Recipe (Gluten Free + Vegan).
- Caramel Apple Healthy Oatmeal Recipe (Gluten Free + Vegan).
- Healthy Peanut Butter Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan).
Thank You for Stopping By
This post is a recipe for oatmeal bake which is perfect for breakfast meal prep. If you’d like to see more healthy breakfast recipes, check out the “Breakfast” category of my menu. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below telling me how you liked it. You can also leave any questions you have below and I’m happy to answer them! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your day!