at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies are to die for! My sister said these are her new favorite cookies ever, so look no further for your next dessert recipe. For those that love the cranberry orange combo as much as I do, these cookies don’t disappoint. They bake chewy and soft on the inside with the perfect orange flavor that isn’t too overpowering. The cookies are sweet but lower in sugar than a traditional cookie recipe and made with all whole food ingredients for a healthier twist. I hope you love this dessert as much as my family and I do!
Orange Cranberry Cookies
This recipe is not only the fruity satisfying dessert you’ve been searching for. It’s also paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
Want More Healthy Dessert Options?
If you love making healthier dessert recipes check out some of my other recipes below!
- Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan + Paleo).
- Double Chocolate Cookies (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Never Made a Flax Egg?
I chose to make these cookies vegan using flax eggs, but you can use regular eggs if you prefer! If you’ve never made a flax egg before, it’s incredibly simple and they work great in cookies. For each flax egg you’ll need 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water. Just add the ingredients together, stir it up and let the mixture sit until it becomes gelatinous and thick (similar texture to an egg) before adding it to your recipe.
I recommend making the flax egg at the beginning of the recipe so it has time to sit a few minutes while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
Flax eggs: Regular eggs work perfectly if you prefer.
Coconut oil: Butter, vegan butter or ghee are great substitutions.
Agave: Replace agave with any liquid sweetener such as honey, maple syrup or date syrup.
Dried cranberries: Of course, you can replace this ingredient with any dried fruit you want or nuts would work well too. You can also leave them out completely if you want plain orange cookie!
Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Keyword: orange cranberry cookies
Yield: about 18 cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax & 6 Tablespoons water)(or you can substitute 2 regular eggs)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or use raw honey)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (refined sugar-free for paleo)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a glass or small bowl, add ground flaxseed and water, stir and set aside while it thickens. Soften coconut oil so your able to mix it in with the other wet ingredients easily.
- To a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- To a separate mixing bowl, mix soft coconut oil, flax eggs, and coconut sugar until smooth. You can use a beater to do this or a whisk. Add agave, orange juice and vanilla extract and mix again. Next, add orange zest and stir to incorporate.
- Now, add your wet ingredient mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine. When flour is almost fully incorporated, add dried cranberries and continue stirring until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Use a scoop to create your cookies and place them evenly across your baking sheet. Gently press each cookie to flatten a bit as they don’t change shape much while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn a golden color.
Leave a Comment Below
This post is a recipe for orange cranberry cookies for a healthy dessert. If you enjoy this recipe, you might want to take a look at some of the other recipes I have on my blog!
Please leave a comment below if you make these cookies and let me know how you liked them or if you have any questions at all! It helps me out so much if you’re willing to leave a comment and I appreciate all your support! Thank you so much for visiting today and have a great rest of your day!