This vegan brownies recipe is so fudgy and delicious. These are made with creamy nut butter, so they melt in your mouth with the most amazing and rich chocolate flavor. These gooey brownies are flourless but have the most perfect texture and can be made with peanut butter or almond butter which both taste incredible. With the rich flavors and unbelievably fudgy texture, you can’t go wrong with these brownies. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and make it again and again!
These healthy brownies are not only vegan, but they are also paleo, flourless, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free and refined sugar free
Want More Healthy Dessert Recipes?
If you’re interested in more healthy dessert recipes, feel free to check out my Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free). As well as my Paleo Orange Cranberry Cookies (Vegan + Gluten Free) and Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan + Gluten Free).
Homemade Vegan Brownies Ingredients:
Flax eggs: This is a vegan egg replacement you can make easily with ground flax seed and water. You just add 1 Tablespoon of ground flax to a bowl along with 3 Tablespoons of water. This is the amount for each egg, so you’ll double that amount bc there are 2 in this recipe. After combining the ingredients, set the mixture aside for a few minutes and it will thicken and become an egg-like gelatinous texture.
Pure maple syrup: This unrefined sweetener is so delicious with a beautiful earthy flavor.
Coconut sugar: This is a granulated sugar that’s unrefined and it has a delicious maple flavor.
Creamy peanut butter or almond butter: You want to make sure the nut butter you’re using is very runny and soft so you can stir it together with the other ingredients. If your nut butter is hard from being in the fridge, soften it slightly until it can be stirred easily.
Cocoa powder or cacao powder: Both work well in this recipe so, you can use whichever one you prefer. (Cacao powder does tend to add a little more bitterness).
Baking soda: This is the leavening agent we use in these brownies.
Sea salt: I always love to add a touch of sea salt to my desserts to bring out the other flavors, but you can leave it out if you prefer.
Chocolate chips: If you want a vegan + paleo option, Hu Chocolate Gems are really delicious and bake beautifully. I used an organic vegan chocolate chip in the photos that I found at my local grocery store.
Vegan Brownies Recipe Instructions:
First, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then combine 2 Tablespoons or ground flax seed with 6 Tablespoons of water to create your flax ‘eggs’. Set this mixture aside for a few minutes as it will become gelatinous similar to an egg texture.
- Combine cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt in a mixing bowl. And in a separate mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut sugar, your nut butter of choice and the flax eggs you mixed up.
- Now, add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until almost fully combined. You are now going to add in your chocolate chips and then finish stirring.
- After the batter is fully mixed, you are going to transfer it to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (I like to use unbleached parchment paper). Use a spatula to spread out the batter in an even layer and you can always add some extra chocolate chips on top before baking.
- Bake brownies at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out almost completely clean. Allow the brownies to cool a bit before slicing into squares.
Super Fudgy Vegan Brownies (Gluten Free + Flourless)
- 2 flax eggs (each egg is 1 Tablespoon of ground flax and 3 Tablespoons water) (or sub 2 regular eggs)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter (you want it very creamy so soften it a bit if needed in order to stir properly)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (vegan + paleo if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside for later.
- In a small bowl, combine flax eggs which will be a total of 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed with 6 Tablespoons water. Then, set the mixture aside to get gelatinous while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a bowl combine cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt and stir until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add maple syrup, coconut sugar, peanut butter or almond butter and your flax eggs.
- Now, add dry ingredients and your wet ingredient mixture. Stir until almost completely mixed and then add in your chocolate chips and finish mixing.
- Transfer brownie batter to lined baking dish and add more chocolate chips if desired. Place in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Allow these brownies to cool slightly before cutting into bars.
Interested in More Vegan Recipes?
If you want more vegan recipes, check out my Easy Thai Curry Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free). You can also try my Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Candied Pumpkin Seeds and The Best Granola Clusters (Vegan + Gluten Free). And finally my Vegan ‘Sushi’ Rolls with Sesame Ginger Sauce (Gluten Free + Soy Free) and my Easy Candied Nuts Recipe (Vegan + Paleo).
Leave a Comment
This post is a recipe for Super Fudgy Vegan Brownies that are gluten free and paleo. If you enjoyed this post, please check out my other recipes as I have many healthy options for breakfast, dinner, desserts, snacks and sides! If you make this recipe for vegan brownies, I would love it if you left a comment below telling us how you like them.