These roasted pumpkin seeds are perfect as a soup or salad topper, but they are also great to snack on. I made these seeds to go with my recipe for roasted squash soup but feel free to enjoy them any way you like!
I’ve found these to work better with parchment paper but if you don’t have any you can do without, maybe just turn the heat on your oven down a bit so they don’t burn.
Can I use a different oil?
You can use whatever neutral oil you have on hand. I prefer a non-GMO oil and I picked avocado oil as it has a high smoke point and therefore it won’t chemically change baking.
Missing a spice?
No problem, if your missing one just leave it out.
Unsalted pumpkin seeds?
If you are using unsalted pumpkin seeds add an extra 1/8 teaspoon sea salt!
To avoid burning-
Make sure to check these throughout cooking and turn at least once to avoid too much crispy action.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (I used salted)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your pumpkin seeds and oil to a bowl and mix until well coated.
- In a separate bowl or cup mix together the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Add your spice mixture to the oiled pumpkin seeds and mix until each seed has been properly covered.
- To a baking sheet add parchment paper and then spread the seeds in a thin layer.
- Roast seeds for 5 minutes before turning, then roast for another 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy on soups, salads, or as a salty snack. They are great with my recipe for roasted squash soup.