at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This detox beet soup is dairy-free and packed full of vegetables. Enjoy with your dinner or on its own and take in the incredible red color of this soup. For my beet lovers, this is just another way to use earth’s most beautiful root vegetable (in my humble opinion:)).
Feel free to add in other vegetables and herbs to make this the way that you need. You could try cilantro, parsley, rosemary, spinach, beet greens, apple, cauliflower, zucchini and the list goes on.
This easy soup recipe is paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free with a vegan option!
Detox Beet Soup (Gluten-Free + Dairy Free)
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 medium beets
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup brussel sprouts
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups organic bone broth or veggie broth
- 1-2 centimeter piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop beets, carrots, onion, and brussel sprouts into 1/2 inch pieces and add to a mixing bowl. Peel garlic cloves and add whole cloves to the mixing bowl along with avocado oil. Toss until every piece is well coated in oil. Transfer to a roasting tray and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 35-40 minutes turning once halfway through. When the beets and carrots are soft (you can pierce with a fork easily), then remove from oven.
- To a soup pot, add grated ginger, roasted veggies, and broth. Allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes before blending. Use a high power blender or an immersion blender to puree soup. When soup is smooth, add juice of 1/2 lemon and more sea salt to taste.
- Optionally you can top with coconut milk or coconut yogurt, pumpkin seeds, or fresh cilantro leaves.