at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This Fall Sheet Pan Bake is delicious and so easy to make! I put this together with paleo chicken sausage, butternut squash, carrots, brussel sprouts and apples with just a couple spices you most likely have in your pantry. The baked apples are so good in this bake and create a nice sweet with salty flavor combo with the sausage that I love. My family enjoys a heaping plate of this bake alone for dinner, but you can easily make this as a side or serve it over rice if you prefer.
This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
Want More Recipes?
If you’re interested in more paleo recipes, check out my Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, or my Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers.
I used mixing bowls to show what the preparation looks like, but to save time I sometimes skip this step. To dirty less dishes, add the chopped ingredients straight to the pan, add oil and seasonings and stir them up in the pan before roasting. Sausage is usually salty and has already been seasoned, so I add the sausage after mixing in my seasonings.
Can I Use One Sheet Pan?
The squash and carrots in this recipe need more roasting time than the rest of the ingredients. So, I put the squash and carrots in one pan, and the brussel sprouts, apples and sausage pieces in another. If you have a giant sheet pan, or want to make half this recipe, then you can use one pan to make this, no problem. In order to do that, you would roast the squash and carrots first for the 20 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and add the sausage, brussel sprouts and apples before placing back in the oven.
Paleo Chicken Sausage: I used Sabatino’s Paleo Chicken Sausage that I got from my local Costco. You can use any sausage links you prefer or leave them out to make this recipe vegan.
Butternut Squash: If you don’t have squash you can use sweet potatoes or any white potatoes in its place.
Brussel Sprouts: You can substitute broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, or them out.
Apples: These are so good in this sheet pan bake but you can leave them out if you prefer.
Fall Sheet Pan Bake (Paleo + Nut-Free)
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 lbs.) (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- 4-5 medium carrots (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 5 cups (1 lb.) brussel sprouts (halved after slicing off hard bottom edge)
- 2 medium apples (I used Gala) (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 6 paleo chicken sausage links (about 1 lb.) (cut into bite size pieces)
- 4 tablespoons avocado or olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon of each sea salt, dried oregano, dried rosemary (all divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butternut squash and carrots to a bowl along with 2 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of each sea salt, oregano, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to incorporate, transfer to baking sheet and bake 2o minutes.
- To a bowl, add brussel sprouts, apples, 2 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of each sea salt, oregano, rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir to mix thoroughly, then transfer to a baking sheet along with sausage pieces.
- After butternut squash and carrots have baked alone for 20 minutes, remove from oven and turn to prevent burning.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven (it’s best if you can fit both sheets on the same rack to cook evenly). Roast for 40-50 minutes (or until fully cooked) turning once or twice more throughout.