at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snack. This one bowl recipe is made with nourishing ingredients and a little sweetness because life is better with chocolate chips! My family and I love this recipe and I hope you do too.
This recipe is delicious and it’s also vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
This is a One Bowl Recipe
Don’t worry about dirtying all the bowls in your kitchen for these cookies. Just mash your bananas in the bowl first, then combine your wet ingredients and finally, add the dry ingredients straight in there and give it a mix. We all love an easy clean up, so I know you’ll be making these cookies again and again.
Want More Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipes?
If you want more delicious recipes, then check out my recipes for The Best Granola Clusters, Vegan Edible Cookie Dough, and Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix.
Bananas can be substituted with canned pumpkin or applesauce.
Peanut butter can be replaced with any nut/seed butter. For example almond butter, sunflower butter, tahini or pecan butter are all good options.
Coconut oil is easy to swap for butter, ghee or vegan butter for another dairy-free option. You can also leave it out for an oil-free option.
Coconut sugar is the sweetener I chose, but you could use honey, maple syrup or date sugar. Of course, you can leave it out completely and let the bananas be the only sweetener.
Pecans can be replaced with any nut/seed of your choice. For instance, you can try almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, etc.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Yield: 12 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas (3/4 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used smooth)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (softened)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup pecans (crushed or roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan + refined sugar-free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To a mixing bowl, add bananas and mash with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Next, add peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Then, stir to combine well.
- Add rolled oats, pecans and chocolate chips to the bowl and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place a sheet of unbleached parchment paper on a 9×13 baking sheet. Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to form 12 balls and place each on baking sheet. Press each cookie into shape as they will not change shape when baking.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown a bit.
- When finished baking, remove tray from oven and allow cookies to cool for another 15-20 minutes before eating.