at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This healthy peanut butter granola recipe is perfectly chewy and comes out with the best clusters EVER! With a light peanut butter flavor, chocolate chips and banana chips, you’ll be wanting this healthy granola for breakfast, snacks and dessert. To make this recipe refined sugar-free, I used dates and maple syrup for the natural sweeteners. It’s also full of healthy fats like peanut butter, almonds, pecans, hemp seeds and a bit of coconut oil. I hope you love this granola and all it’s nourishing, delicious ingredients as much as I do!
Granola Recipe Allergen Info
This healthy granola is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free.
Want More Healthy Breakfast Recipes?
If you are interested in more healthy recipes, feel free to check out the breakfast category in my menu! You can also look at my recipe for The Best Granola Clusters (Vegan + Gluten-Free). Along with my Healthy Oatmeal Recipe with Easy Candied Walnuts (Vegan + Gluten Free) and my Peanut Butter & Jam Oatmeal (Vegan + Gluten-Free).
Peanut Butter Granola Dry Ingredients:
Rolled oats: I always choose organic oats when I can. Make sure to use gluten-free if needed.
Pecans: You can substitute any other nut such as: peanuts, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.
Almonds: This can also be easily replaced with any other nut you prefer. Some options include peanuts, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc.
Hemp seeds: This ingredient is optional for an extra boost of nutrition. So, feel free to leave it out or replace with chia seeds, flax seeds or sesame seeds.
Cinnamon and nutmeg: These spices add a really nice earthy and sweet flavor. You can definitely change up the spices and customize this recipe to your taste.
Sea salt: I love adding a bit of sea salt to bring out the other flavors in a recipe. Of course, you can leave this out or change the amount to taste.
Peanut Butter Granola Wet Ingredients:
Peanut butter: The peanut butter flavor is very light as there isn’t that much added in this recipe. You can also substitute any other nut butter you prefer in its place such as almond butter, sunflower butter, pecan butter, etc.
Maple Syrup: This is one of the unrefined sweeteners in this recipe. You can use any other sticky liquid sweetener in its place such as: honey, agave, date syrup, etc.
Coconut oil (melted and cooled): We melt and allow the coconut oil to cool to room temperature. We do this to avoid solidifying or clumping the coconut oil when its added to the other wet ingredients. You can replace melted and cooled coconut oil with another liquid oil like avocado oil or refined coconut oil.
Medijool dates: Dates are a delicious, sweet fruit with a caramel like taste and they are the second unrefined sweetener in this granola. This ingredient also provides a nice sticky texture that creates the chewy clusters in this recipe. With that said, I don’t recommend omitting or replacing this ingredient with anything else.
Granola Recipe Instructions:
- In one large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, pecans, almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, sea salt and nutmeg.
- Stir in order to combine ingredients.
- To a food processor, add peanut butter, maple syrup, melted and cooled coconut oil and medijool dates.
- Blend until you have a thick and creamy paste.
Peanut Butter Granola Baking Instructions:
- Transfer creamy date mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir to thoroughly combine all ingredients, you may need to use your hands to do this.
- Spread granola in a layer across a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased. Then, place baking sheet in a preheated 300 degree Fahrenheit oven. Now, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges turn a golden color.
- When finished baking, remove tray from oven and allow granola to cool completely before stirring. When granola has completely cooled, sprinkle banana chips and chocolate chips on top.
Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free)
Yield: One large batch (around 12-15 servings)
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I use natural with only peanuts and sea salt)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 8-10 large medijool dates (if they aren’t very soft, soak in water)
- 2/3 cup banana chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper (I always use unbleached parchment paper).
- To a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, pecans, almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, sea salt and nutmeg. Stir until well mixed.
- To a food processor, add peanut butter, maple syrup, melted and cooled coconut oil and medijool dates. Blend until a thick and creamy.
- Add creamy date mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate well. Of course, you can use your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Now, transfer granola to baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. If you want large clusters don’t stir the granola until its done baking and cools off completely. If you prefer smaller pieces, you can stir right after removing the baking sheet from the oven.
- Once granola has cooled, sprinkle banana chips and chocolate chips or any other additions you like on top.
- Transfer to an airtight container and use within a week. My family enjoys this granola with dairy-free milk, on top of yogurt, with smoothie bowls, or to snack on, so the possibilities are truly endless.
Did You Enjoy This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola Recipe?
This post was a recipe for Healthy Peanut Butter Granola. If you enjoyed this recipe feel free to check out my recipe for The Best Granola Clusters (Vegan + Gluten Free). As well as my Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix (Vegan + Gluten Free) and my Gluten Free Banana Muffins Recipe (Paleo + Dairy Free). And finally my Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan + Gluten Free).
Leave a Comment
If you make this granola then, please leave a comment below telling us how you liked it!