This Paleo Asian Salad is the full of colorful vegetables that beautify every table. Enjoy with the optional chicken breast, or keep this recipe vegetarian and leave it out. Either way, this salad is beautiful, delicious and truly nourishing.
This salad recipe is a great way to eat the rainbow and satisfy any salty food craving. Not only is it tasty, but it is also paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and soy-free. So, there are a lot of options here for many people with differing lifestyles.
Want More Healthy Dinner Recipes?
If you’d like to see more healthy dinner recipes, feel free to check out my Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. As well as my Paleo Cilantro Lime Skewers (Gluten Free + Dairy Free) and my Fall Sheet Pan Bake (Paleo + Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
Paleo Asian Salad Recipe Adaptations:
- You can use coconut aminos and soy sauce interchangeably.
- To make this vegan, leave out the chicken breast, and substitute agave for honey in the dressing.
- Instead of using cashews, you can add almonds, peanuts, walnuts or sunflower seeds.
- One color of cabbage can be used instead of two. Simply use all purple or all green.
As you can see, I made one salad with chicken and one without. But, this recipe is delicious either way and can be changed to fit your dietary needs.
If you are not following a paleo diet, you can add cooked rice or quinoa to this salad for an even more satisfying meal. I like to add a small amount of coconut rice when I feel I need something very filling or if I choose to prepare this without meat.
Paleo Asian Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing
- 1-2 prepared chicken breast (optional)
- 3 cups green cabbage (shredded*)
- 1 cup purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey**
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos***
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (crushed) or 1/4 garlic powder
- Prepare chicken breast as preferred if using.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients. Then, add dressing mixture and prepared chicken to salad.
- Stir to combine and enjoy.
* To shred cabbage, use a large knife to slice in thinly. After this, you can pull apart the strips using your hands.
** To make this recipe vegan, sub agave for honey
*** Soy sauce can be used instead of coconut aminos.