at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These baked sweet potato fries are so simple and delicious, you’ll want to make them every week! A perfect snack or side at dinner, this healthy comfort food will leave you satisfied without a greasy stomach ache. These sweet potato fries are baked with just a touch of oil instead of deep fried and there are a couple tricks you’ll want to know in order to get them crispy! I hope you enjoy this fun recipe!
These healthy baked sweet potato fries are not only delicious and nourishing, but they are also vegan, paleo, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
My family and I love dipping these is guacamole or tahini sauce. They also work well with an organic ketchup as pictured or fry sauce if you prefer that. Please let me know if you try any other ideas!
Avocado oil has a much higher smoking point than other options, meaning it won’t chemically change when heated and this is what I prefer to use when cooking at a high heat. If you don’t have this on hand, you can use any neutral oil you prefer.
It can be a little bit difficult at first, but I find it easiest to work with a potato that has been sliced so I have a flat surface and it isn’t rolling everywhere. For these fries, I cut the potato first lengthwise to create that flat bottom, then, cut any long potatoes into two shorter pieces. From there, cut into strips that resemble fries, just remember they will shrink a bit while baking.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes in fry form are truly life changing! I just buy the sweet potatoes from Costco, but you can try other varieties and see how it goes.
Avocado oil: This is my favorite oil to use when cooking at a high heat. If you prefer, substitute another neutral oil such as olive oil.
Garlic powder: This spice just adds a touch of flavor that makes the sweet potatoes taste savory along with the sweet.
Paprika: A very light flavor and color on these fries.
Sea salt: Of course sea salt is a must for any good potato recipe!
Black pepper: This ingredient is completely customizable so, adjust according to your preference or leave it out.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (or 4 small ones)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Chop into large fries, transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add avocado oil to chopped potatoes and mix until each piece is well coated.
- In a separate, small bowl mix together garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Add this mixture to the oiled potatoes and mix thoroughly to coat each fry.
- Place unbleached parchment paper to a large baking sheet (or two if you need). Add potato strips to the baking sheet and spread out so there is no overlapping. In order for the fries to become crispy, allow 1 cm of space in between each piece.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes turning once or twice throughout.
- Once they are fully cooked, turn oven to high broil for 2-3 minutes to get some extra crispy edges.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Interested in More Healthy Recipes?
If you love potatoes, feel free to check out my Healthy Baked Crispy Potatoes (Vegan + Gluten Free). As well as my Grain Free Breakfast Tacos (Gluten Free + Dairy Free).
If you are interested in more easy and healthy dinner recipes, check out my Squash Sheet Pan Bake (Grain Free + Dairy Free). And my Easy Thai Curry Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free) is also a must-try!
Thank You For Visiting Today!
This post is an easy and healthy recipe for baked sweet potato fries. If you enjoyed this post, you might love my other recipes as well! Please leave a comment if you make these sweet potato fries so I can know how you like them and I’d love to hear any recommendations you have too. Thank you for supporting my blog by visiting today and have a wonderful day!