at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This Nut Free Granola Recipe is perfectly simple and delicious! It’s incredibly easy to prepare in ONE BOWL and makes the perfect clusters, which is essential for any good granola. Sweetened with maple syrup or honey, this granola is free from any refined sugar. And simply flavored with vanilla, dried cranberries and shredded coconut for a mellow combination of pure heaven! This granola is perfect for breakfast, lunch and on-the-go snacking. Also, you can definitely customize this recipe by adding some nuts, seeds, dried fruit or chocolate chips. With the endless possibilities granola has to offer, I wanted to create a recipe that most everyone can enjoy. I hope you love this nut free granola recipe as much as my family and I do!
Nut Free Granola
This simple granola recipe is nut free, seed free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Want More Recipes with Oats?
If you’d like to see more recipes with oats, you can check out the breakfast and dessert categories of my menu! Also, feel free to check out my Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free). As well as The Best Granola Clusters (Vegan + Gluten Free) and my Healthy Oatmeal Recipe with Easy Candied Walnuts (Vegan + Gluten Free).
Healthy Granola Recipe
This healthy granola recipe is so simple and versatile! You can use granola in a variety of ways, so I love to keep it stocked in the pantry for whenever I need it. Granola is perfect for an easy, healthy breakfast and there are so many different options! You can add some coconut milk and fruit, enjoy with yogurt, top a smoothie bowl or eat it straight from the container. It’s also a perfect snack to take on-the-go or enjoy at home whenever you need a quick bite.
So, hopefully I’ve convinced you now, granola is a must and perfect for meal prepping. This granola is simple and delicious so, I’m sure it will become one of your new go-to recipes and will be on repeat along with your other favorites!
Rolled oats: I used old fashioned rolled oats in this recipe and I always choose organic oats when available. Make sure to get certified gluten-free rolled oats to keep this granola gluten-free. I would not suggest using any other kind of oats in this recipe.
Dried cranberries: I found some dried cranberries at my local health food store that are sweetened with apple juice in order to keep this recipe refined sugar-free. You can substitute raisins or another dried fruit if you prefer.
Shredded coconut: I love the flavor this coconut brings to the granola when it gets lightly toasted while baking. If you like, you can leave this ingredient out completely.
Sea salt: This ingredient brings out the other flavors in this recipe. Of course, you can adjust the amount of sea salt to your preference or leave it out.
Maple syrup: This is the unrefined sweetener in this granola and it makes the perfect sticky binder for great clusters. You can substitute honey in place of maple syrup for a non-vegan option.
Coconut oil: Melt your coconut oil and allow it to sit at room temperature to cool. If you add the coconut oil when it’s hot, it can solidify and get chucky when added with the other ingredients. You can substitute avocado oil if you want another option.
Vanilla extract: Adding just a touch of vanilla extract can bring so much amazing flavor that isn’t overpowering. But, if you don’t like vanilla, you can leave it out.
Nut Free Granola Recipe Instructions:
- To a large mixing bowl add rolled oats, dried cranberries, shredded coconut and sea salt. Stir to combine ingredients well.
- Add in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract.
- Stir to mix everything well.
- Transfer granola to a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper and use the back of a spoon to press into an even layer. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-23 minutes or until the edges have turned slightly golden brown. After baking, let granola cool completely before stirring in order to get good clusters. Once completely cooled, break granola into pieces and transfer to an airtight container.
Nut Free Granola Recipe (Gluten Free + Seed Free)
Keyword: nut free granola
Author: Adrianne from Bananasaboutlife.com
Yield: 6-7 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (I get the ones sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (or sub honey for non-vegan option)
- 1/3 coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper to set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add your rolled oats, dried cranberries, shredded coconut and sea salt. Mix until well combined and then add maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. You can easily do this in one mixing bowl so you don’t have to dirty another one.
- Transfer granola to your lined baking sheet and press into one even layer using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place baking tray in the oven to bake for 18-23 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden in color.
- When finished baking, remove from the oven and allow granola to cool completely. Do not stir granola until it has completely cooled if you want a lot of clusters.
- After granola has cooled completely, break up into clusters and transfer to an airtight container for storage. Enjoy within a week.
Want More Healthy Breakfast Recipes?
If you’re interested in more healthy breakfast recipes, check out my Caramel Apple Healthy Oatmeal (Gluten Free + Vegan). As well as my Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free + Vegan) and my Grain-Free Breakfast Tacos (Gluten Free + Dairy Free). And finally, my Easy Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free).
Thank You For Visiting!
This post is a recipe for Healthy Nut Free Granola which is vegan and gluten free. I hope you enjoyed this granola recipe and I’d love to hear any suggestions for future recipes! If you make this granola, please leave a comment below as I would love to know how it went! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and please, come back soon.